Breeding a Quarter Horse?
If you are considering breeding your mare and wish to register the progeny with AQHA-NZ, there are some things you should be aware of when choosing a stallion.
- The stallion must be classified with AQHA-NZ
- The stallion owner must be a member of AQHA-NZ at the time of breeding
- The stallion owner must supply you with a pink breeding slip once your mare is vetted in foal
- The stallion owner CANNOT withhold the pink breeding slip if your mare is vetted in foal, as the pink breeding slip is an AQHA-NZ document
- If you are purchasing an in-foal mare make sure as well as the registration certificate you also receive from the owner the pink breeding slip relevant to that breeding